Q: What documents are required to rent a car in Japan if I am from Taiwan, Germany, Switzerland, France, Monaco, Belgium?

You need to present the following documents:

your domestic driving license, and an authorized Japanese translation of your national license by your country’s embassy/consulate in Japan or Japan Automobile Federation (JAF).