Q: What should I do if I get into an accident?

If you have an accident, please call the rental outlet first, and staff will tell you what you should do.

And, You must also call the emergency police phone number, 110.

If there is an accident or you break the car, the car rental contract will be automatically finished at the time of the accident/breakdown.

In that case, the payment made for the car rental, insurance or any other cost, are NOT to be refunded.

Also any car replacement can NOT be provided.

Read More

Q: What should I do if I park illegally?

Illegal parking is strictly prohibited in Japan.

If you park illegally, you must go to the police station and pay the penalty accordingly.

If you don’t take appropriate legal action, the car rental contract will be automatically finished and no refund will be provided.

Also, the rental car company will charge you a penalty charge for illegal parking.

If you don’t pay those fines/penalties, ToCoo! may charge those penalty charges on the registered credit card.

Moreover, you will be registered on the list of the car rental company association and you will no longer be able to rent cars again from any of the rental car companies in Japan.

Read More

Q: How do I file a Non-Operation Charge (N.O.C.) claim?

We will accept applications for Non-Operation Charge (N.O.C.) fees and towing fees if you paid the fee already.

Please contact us with the rental car reservation name, rental car reservation number, and the circumstances of the accident from our Inquiry Form.

After confirming the details, we will send you an Email with details on the compensation procedure.

ToCoo! may transfer the amount of N.O.C. you paid.

*You need to attach the Non-Operation Charge (N.O.C.) or towing fee receipt when you reply to our Email, so you must keep all relevant receipts and documents after paying at the rental car outlet.

If there is no receipt, we cannot accept your application.

*We will remit the money to the specified account after confirming the details with the rental car company.

*You must submit the application within 60 days of the rental car return date.

If not submitted, we will be unable to accept your application.

Read More